Tuesday, November 16, 2010

We met with Dr. Tuan this morning to discuss the CT scan results. Unfortunately, mommy's tumors have double and some tripled in size, and new ones have appeared. Dr. Tuan recommended that we try our first line treatment again, the carbo/gemzar combo, and taxotere later if the carbo/gemzar is ineffective. We will begin again in two weeks, and during this short time, her cancer may continue to multiply.

Tonight, I decided to compare past CT scans and x-rays to our most recent ones, and I found that most of the tumors have regrown to their original size. In just two months, my mom's condition has regressed to how it was pre-treatment. I want to stay hopeful, but this cancer seems so much more powerful than me, my mom, and our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment